Substitute teachers are an integral part of the student learning process. Responsible, dedicated, compassionate individuals who share a passion for teaching and learning are encouraged to substitute teach in the district. Come and join a team and directly work with our wonderful students!
The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation is pleased to partner with Kelly Services Education as our comprehensive provider of substitute employee recruiting, screening with background checks, orientation, scheduling, and employee management.
The current pay for substitute teacher positions is now $105 per day, and the current pay for substitute instructional assistant positions is $14.00 per hour. All substitutes will receive a free school lunch!
Application Steps to Substitute at any Mt. Vernon School, Pre-K - HS
- Steps can be completed within a day or two, and all from your home!
- A high school diploma is needed to substitute grades Pre-K through grade 8, and you must be 21 years or older to substitute in grades 9-12.
Schedule a time to talk with Kelly Education HERE about the application, paperwork, and pre-hire training.
Kelly Services will guide the applicant how to obtain a substitute permit issued by the Indiana Department of Education ($16.32) and a background check ($28).
Kelly Services will then share a short orientation video that will show you how to choose the jobs of your choice and how to see the incentive offers.
Mt. Vernon Substitute Incentives:
- New! Mt. Vernon Substitutes will receive a free school lunch on the day they work!
- New! The daily rate of pay for substitute teachers has been increased to $105 per day! The current pay for substitute instructional assistant positions is $14/hr.
- Any substitute who completes a week-long assignment (or longer) in one building will earn $10 more/day once their assignment has been completed and verified.
- Kelly Services will also award a $75 bonus for a Mt. Vernon substitute that works a week-long assignment.
- During the months of February and May (the two highest months of teacher absenteeism), MVCSC will offer $115 per day for all teaching positions and pay $1 more than the hourly rate for IA positions.
Kelly Services Additional Incentives:
- Enjoy the Kelly Perk Spot discounts on cell phone services, travel, shopping and more through this program for Kelly Services employees.
- Health insurance and 401K benefits from Kelly Services for those who qualify.
- Once you are a Kelly Services substitute, you can earn a $100 referral bonus each time you refer someone who is hired and works five full-day jobs. See Kelly Education Referral Program for details.
Further questions can be directed to:
Gretchen Sitton, Human Resources Coordinator
Administrative Service Center
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation
1806 W. State Road 234
Fortville, IN 46040
317-485-3100 ext. 5111