Substitute teachers are needed year-round. Background checks are required. The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation is pleased to partner with Kelly Services Education as our comprehensive provider of substitute employee recruiting, screening, orientation, scheduling, and employee management. Substitute teachers are an integral part of the student learning process. Responsible, dedicated, compassionate individuals who share a passion for teaching and learning are encouraged to substitute teach in the district. The current pay for substitute teacher positions is $85 per day, and the current pay for substitute instructional assistant positions is $12.00 per hour.
Steps to Apply to be a Substitute at any Mt. Vernon School, Pre-K - HS
- Steps can be completed within a day or two, and all from your home!
- A high school diploma is needed to substitute grades Pre-K through grade 8, and you must be 21 years or older to substitute in grades 9-12.
Schedule a time to talk with Kelly Services at rebrand.ly/substitute about the application, paperwork, and a few hours of safety training.
Kelly Services will guide the applicant how to obtain a substitute permit issued by the Indiana Department of Education ($16.32) and a background check ($28).
Kelly Services will then share a short orientation video which will show you how to choose the jobs of your choice and how to see the incentive offers.
Mt. Vernon Substitute Incentives:
- Any substitute who completes a week-long assignment (or longer) in one building will earn $10 more/day once their assignment has been completed and verified.
- Kelly Services will also award a $75 bonus.
- During the months of February and May (the two highest months of teacher absenteeism), MVCSC will offer $100 per day for all teaching positions and pay $1 more than the hourly rate for IA positions.
Kelly Services Additional Incentives:
- Earn points for every day worked and redeem points for extra money through the Kelly Rewards program.
- Enjoy the Kelly Perk Spot discounts on cell phone services, travel, shopping and more through this program for Kelly Services employees.
- Health insurance and 401K benefits from Kelly Services for those who qualify.
Further questions can be directed to:
Gretchen Sitton, Human Resources Coordinator
Administrative Service Center
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation
1806 W. State Road 234
Fortville, IN 46040
317-485-3100 ext. 5111