Gleaners Food Bank at Mt. Vernon High School!
While the MVCSC Food Pantry is closed due to COVID-19, boxes of dry non-perishable food, meats, and more will be available via drive-ups once per month or you can schedule pick-up times. Please see the scheduled dates below for the 2020-2021 School year.
Mt. Vernon High School was originally one of five schools selected as a pilot program for Gleaners Food Bank to provide food services in the MVCSC community. The Food Pantry is a place where students/families in need can discreetly "shop" for free and pick up non-perishable food, personal hygiene, and household items. If you need groceries prior to scheduled dates, please speak with your school counselor. No Voucher necessary
Mt. Vernon High School, Door #12
4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
Please help us keep the Food Pantry open All Year Long! If you would like to donate any food or other items to our food pantry, please drop off all items in the Mt. Vernon High School Main Office. Donations will be accepted only during school hours at the High School Main Office.
Click here for donation list.
Questions? Please contact Mr. Larkins at 317-485-3131 ext. 1750 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your support!
Dates for the 2020-2021 school year:
September 3, 2020
October 1, 2020
November 5, 2020
December 3, 2020
January 7, 2021
February 4, 2021
March 4, 2021
April 1, 2021
Please check out the other local food pantry options to help you out in the coming weeks as well:
Hancock County Food Pantry Resources- Click here for a pdf list.
- Fortville Christian Church: Tuesdays 1-3pm 9450 N 200 West Fortville 317-485-4934
- Fortville United Methodist Church: Tuesdays 1-3pm - 125 E State St Fortville, IN 317-485-5418
- Main Street Food Pantry: Tuesdays 1-3pm - 115 N. Main Street 317-485-5418
- Hancock County Food Pantry: Mondays 1:00-2:30, Tuesdays 9:00-10:30, Wednesdays 7:15-8:15pm, Thursdays, 7:15-8:15pm - 741 S. State Street Greenfield, IN 317-468-0273
- South Madison Food Pantry: Saturdays 10am-noon - 301 N Alfonte Street Pendleton, IN 765-606-7780
- Hamilton Hills Baptist Church: Saturdays 10am-2pm - 10293 E. 126th St 317-577-0746
- Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry Schedule: 2nd Monday of the month 3-5pm at Hancock County Fairgrounds
- Gleaners Senior Mobile (age 55+): 1st Tuesday of the month 1-3pm, Hancock County Fairgrounds
- Gleaners Fortville Mobile Food Pantry: 4th Saturday of the month 10am-12pm (excluding May 30) , 600 Vitale Drive (starting in April)
- Angel Connection: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 9-10am – McCordsville United Methodist Church, 6247 W. Broadway McCordsville, IN 317-335-3705
- Community Outreach Ministry, Cumberland, 317-894-2645
- Vineyard Community Church at Mt. Comfort Food Distribution, 1672 North 600 West, Greenfield, 317-894-3280. From 12:30-2:30 on the following days: 10/7/20, 10/18/20.
For additional information on the Gleaners School Based Mobile Pantries, click here.
School Based Pantry Partners:
Gleaners Food Bank
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation
Rotary Club of Indianapolis