Feel the Pride!
Each Mt. Vernon school has amazing attributes and accomplishments that bring pride to the students, staff and community. Here's just a few:
● Named Level 3 Paths to QUALITY™ program: Indiana’s statewide quality rating system for early education ● Serving ages 3-5
● Special services are available to meet needs of students with disabilities
● Open 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with school day instruction: 7:30 a.m. – 2 p.m.
● Half day and full day options available
● Morning preschool: 7:30 - 10:30 a.m.
● Afternoon Preschool: 11:15 a.m. - 2 p.m.
● Extended Preschool: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
● Aftercare: 2 - 4:30 p.m.
● Accepts CCDF vouchers as a legally licensed exempt provider in Indiana
● Outdoor playground with swings, jungle gym, merry-go-round, and sand table
● iPads are used within the classroom
● Doors are always locked or entrance monitored by receptionist or staff
● Plans for a future nature trail and outdoor learning environment
● Curriculum is aligned with developmentally appropriate best practices for young learners
● Ten learning centers including, but not limited to, science, art, library, dramatic play, sensory, and STEM
● Holiday or special theme activities for family involvement
● Young learners have access to large motor activities in gym
● Interaction with cadet teachers from Mt. Vernon High School
● Cafeteria with breakfast and lunch available through Mt. Vernon food service