Now is the time!
Enroll into the Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation "Mini Marauder" Preschool!
Students/Families Living in the District:
Living in the district boundaries enables students to automatically attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) schools. Parents of new students should register online through the link below. Bring the following items to the school when registering:
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of immunization records (click here for details on 2018-2019 immunization requirements)
- Proof of residency (bill with your name and address on it)
- Driver's license or identification card
- Copy of court papers if there is any custody arrangement
- Individual education plan (IEP) if applicable
The MVCSC Board of Trustees has passed a resolution, effective October 1, 2018 through June 1, 2019, to not accept new transfer/out-of-district students (preschool through grade 12.) The Board of Trustees is passing this resolution due to the in-district housing growth that is impacting the Mt. Vernon schools.
MVCSC administration meets quarterly with the economic development representatives from the county and all three towns in our district to assess housing growth and developments. This information helps Mt. Vernon assess and prepare for future growth.
The following are exclusions to this resolution and these children may attend MVCSC:
- Currently enrolled transfer/out-of-district students and their siblings
- Foreign exchange students attending through a contractual relationship
- Employees' children
The transfer/out-of-district student resolution will be reevaluated each spring. Out-of-district parents/guardians who are interested in having their children attend Mt. Vernon should contact the school after April 2019 to see if the MVCSC School Board of Trustees has chosen to modify or keep this resolution the same for the following year.
Click HERE for the "Mini Marauder" Preschool Enrollment Application!