Menus / Food Service
Welcome to the Food Service Department! Those new to the District may check out the Food Services Directive for information about nutrition, building-a-meal, meal payments, and more!
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation knows that good nutrition and learning are dependent on each other. MVCSC strives to provide healthy and nutritious meals students enjoy, which will keep students fueled and attentive to learning. All meals and snacks served are certified to meet strict state and federal child nutrition regulations.
- P-EBT Information can best be found here!
- PEBT funding ended May 11, 2023 in conjunction with the end of the Federal Public Health Emergency. Indiana FSSA Division of Family Resources considers all issuances complete as of September 22, 2023. Benefits are not usable without a physical card. PEBT card replacement requests will no longer be accepted as of Thursday, September 28. Any pending requests for replacement cards will be completed as of Friday, September 29. No additional replacement card requests will be processed after these dates.
- We have updated our Charge Policy.
2023-2024 School Year Updates
- We offer breakfast and lunch to all students!
- Effective July 17th, the 23-24 school year Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefit Application will become available to qualify for free or reduced-price meals and textbook assistance.
- The free or reduced-price meal benefit application is be available via Skyward Family Access through Food Services and Applications
- Applications do not carry over year to year; families must reapply each school year.
- We highly recommend utilizing Skyward Family Access to check the most accurate meal account balance, recent transactions and putting any blocks on your students account.
- If your child has an allergy or dietary restriction, please be sure to complete and return the Dietary Restriction Form so that the cafeteria is informed.
- You can add funds to your students lunch account via cash, check or e-Funds. More information on e-Funds is below.
- All students will need to carry their ID badge on them for the cashier to ring them out. This is also a security measure in place to ensure the safety of our students.
Food Services Director
317-485-3100, ext. 5109 email@example.com
Food Services Assistant Director
Kasey Pasyk, RD, LD
317-485-3100, ext. 5107 firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has any food allergies and/or special dietary needs, please fill out the Dietary Restriction Form.
Free and Reduced Meals
Any family wishing to apply for meal assistance may do so by logging into Skyward Family Access, opening the Food Service tab and clicking on Applications. Applications must be filled out every year after July 1st. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch assistance may qualify for textbook/device rental fee assistance; also watch for textbook rental assistance option in the online application.
e-Funds is the current system being used for lunch accounts. You may transfer money into your child's account, load funds, and set alerts using this online system. For more information about how to set up an account, please go to our e-Funds webpage.