Menus / Food Service
Welcome to the 2022-2023 School Year! Those new to the District may check out the Food Services Directive for information about nutrition, building-a-meal, meal payments, and more!
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation knows that good nutrition and learning are dependent on each other. MVCSC strives to provide healthy and nutritious meals students enjoy, which will keep students fueled and attentive to learning. All meals and snacks served are certified to meet strict state and federal child nutrition regulations.
- Federal funding and legislation for universal free meals for all students is came to an end on June 30th, 2022. Beginning July 1st, 2022, the Food Services Department has changed back to the way it operated before March 2020.
- Breakfast and lunch will still be available to all students; however, they will not be free to all students. That means that families will need to complete the Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefit Application to qualify for free or reduced-price meals and textbook assistance.
- The free or reduced-price meal benefit application is be available via Skyward Family Access through Food Services and Applications
- Applications do not carry over year to year; families must reapply each school year.
- You can add funds to your students lunch account via cash, check or e-Funds. More information on e-Funds is below.
- You can check your student’s account balance and recent transactions via Skyward Family Access.
- All students will need to carry their ID badge on them for the cashier to ring them out. This is also a security measure in place to ensure the safety of our students.
- P-EBT Information can best be found here!
- We have updated our Charge Policy.
- For some more information view the USDA's Q & A!
Food Services Director
317-485-3100, ext. 5109 email@example.com
Food Services Assistant Director
Kasey Pasyk, RD, LD
317-485-3100, ext. 5107 firstname.lastname@example.org
If your child has any food allergies and/or special dietary needs, please fill out the Dietary Restriction Form.
Free and Reduced Meals
Any family wishing to apply for meal assistance may do so by logging into Skyward Family Access, opening the Food Service tab and clicking on Applications. Applications must be filled out every year after July 1st. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch assistance may qualify for textbook/device rental fee assistance; also watch for textbook rental assistance option in the online application.
Free/Reduced Application Guidelines
e-Funds is the current system being used for lunch accounts. You may transfer money into your child's account, load funds, and set alerts using this online system. For more information about how to set up an account, please go to our e-Funds webpage.