Know when your child's bus is arriving at the convenience of your fingertips! The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) is using the Here Comes the Bus program to increase safety and cost savings in regards to the school bus fleet. With this app, parents/guardians will know when your child's bus is arriving and departing from the bus stop. Precarious Indiana weather can cause slower traffic, which can sometimes cause buses to run behind on schedule. Now students can stay in their warm, dry home until it is time to head to their bus stop. Parents/guardians can receive notices when the bus is near your home, personalized to the distance you choose.
PLEASE NOTE: The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) Transportation Department will be installing the program a few buses at a time. When your student's bus is active and Here Comes the Bus is live/available for your student, the bus driver will send home a flyer with each student. We will also list the active buses to the right on this website page.
5 Simple Steps to Activate Here Comes the Bus:
1) Once your student receives the flyer from the bus driver stating that bus is active/live, download the FREE Here Comes the Bus app on your phone or tablet.
2) Log into your (Family Access) Skyward account and write down your student's ID number, which is located on the "Student Info" tab under "Other ID."
3) Click "Sign Up" either through the website www.HereComesTheBus.com or in the app. (The parent/guardian must have an email address to register.)
|The MVCSC School Code is: 75567
4) Complete the "User Profile" box.
Under "My Students", click "Add." Enter your child's last name and their student ID number (see #2 above).
5) Confirm your information and you're ready to begin using Here Comes the Bus!
- If you have more than one child/student, you only need one account.
- For help, email herecomesthebus@synoviasolutions. Be sure to check out the "help" tab on the website after you are logged in. Many frequently asked questions are answered in detail.
- If your regular bus has a substitute bus, it may not show the bus location on the map or send notifications.
- MVCSC does not offer the "Student Ridership" or "Bus Pass" referenced on the Here Comes the Bus website.
- The app is available in English, French or Spanish.