It's time to mark your calendars for Kindergarten Roundup! Visit the elementary school your child will attend on Tuesday, April 4 or Thursday, April 6 between 3:00 - 6:30 p.m.
It is imperative to have all Kindergarten students attend so the schools may prepare enough teachers to keep the class size low. MVCSC will have full day kindergarten only and students eligible for kindergarten registration must have attained the age of five (5) on or before August 1st. There is an appeal process for students who will turn five (5) after August 1.
Online Registration After March 27 at 9 a.m.
To make the process at Kindergarten Roundup quicker, the online portion of kindergarten registration will be open after March 27 at 9 a.m. Attendance is still necessary at Kindergarten Roundup. NOTE: If your child is currently enrolled in our Mini-Marauder Preschool, they are already in Skyward and therefore you can SKIP STEP ONE. Out-of-district non-Mini-Marauder students should also skip step one; please see below.
New in-district Mt. Vernon families should complete the online registration for their kindergarten student after March 27 at 9 a.m. by visiting the New Student Online Enrollment at bit.ly/MVNewStudent. (A "new in-district MV family" is defined as a family that lives in-district with zero children attending a MV school in 2022-2023.)
Current Mt. Vernon families wishing to register a new kindergarten student should log into their Skyward Family Access and select “New Student Online Enrollment” after March 27.
Out-of-district/transfer students need to apply during one of the two application windows. Do not fill out the online registration (step one), but please do attend Kindergarten Roundup and bring all the necessary documents listed below.
Come to Kindergarten Roundup!
Visit Fortville Elementary (8414 N. 200 W., Fortville, IN 46040, 317-485-3180), McCordsville Elementary (7177 N. 600 W., McCordsville, IN 46055, 317-336-7760), or Mt. Comfort Elementary (5694 W. 300 N., Greenfield, IN 46140, 317-894-7667) on Tuesday, April 4 OR Thursday, April 6 between 3:00 - 6:30 p.m.
What to Bring:
- Student (they will be screened for hearing and academic skills)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Records (Click HERE for required immunizations for the 2023-2024 school year)
- Any pertinent health-related documents (e.g. emergency action plans or diabetes medical management plans)
- Proof of Residency with Name & Address (proof of legal settlement consisting of a residential building permit, rental agreement, property tax statement, voter registration card or two current utility bills dated within 60 days of student enrollment).
- Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
- Copy of Court Papers (if there is any pertinent custody information for the child)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
Back to School Night!
Be on the lookout for Back to School Night to Meet Your Teacher!