MVCSC Summer Food Service:
Each week, MVCSC Food Services will be offering a package per student (18 years of age and younger) that includes: (5) free grab and go breakfasts and (5) free grab and go lunches.
The drive-through for food will be offered from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. at Mt. Vernon High School, Door #7 (by auditorium/cafeteria) on:
- Tuesday, March 31
- Monday, April 6
- Monday, April 13
- Monday, April 20
- Monday, April 27
- Monday, May 4
- Monday, May 11
- Monday, May 18
- Tuesday, May 26
- Monday, June 1
- Monday, June 8
- Monday, June 15
- Monday, June 22
We ask those choosing to pick up food to follow these guidelines:
- Enter Mt. Vernon High School (MVHS) from State Road 234, and exit the parking lot by the MVHS gym on 200 West.
- Place a large sign in your windshield with the number of children needing meals and pop your trunk.
- MVCSC staff will place the meals in the trunk of your car.
- Most meals have items that require refrigeration. Once the package of (5) breakfasts & (5) lunches are in your possession, it is your responsibility to keep items refrigerated.
- Do not get out of your vehicle.
Gleaners Summer Meal Box Program:
Those in need can drive through Mt. Vernon High School, door #7, and receive a Summer Box with nonperishable food, meats, and more.
- Monday, June 15 from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 20 from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Monday August 17 from 4:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Gleaners/MVCSC Food Pantry:
In addition, the Gleaners/MVCSC Food Pantry is from 4:00-5:30 p.m. at Mt. Vernon High School, door #12. You do not need a voucher to attend.
- September 3, 2020
- October 1, 2020
- November 7, 2020
- December 3, 2020
- January 7, 2021
- February 4, 2021
- March 4, 2021
- April 1, 2021
- May 6, 2021
There are several local food pantries to assist you. See the Gleaners/MVCSC Food Pantry webpage and scroll to the bottom to see a list of food pantries.
Meal Assistance for the 2020-2021 School Year: After July 15, 2020, any family wishing to apply for meal assistance may do so by logging into Skyward Family Access, opening the Food Service tab and clicking on Applications. Students eligible for free or reduced lunch assistance may also qualify for textbook rental/student fee assistance. Watch for “Textbook Rental Assistance” option in the online application.