Out-of-District/Transfer Application Information:
2021-2022 School Year
Students who live out-of-district and wish to transfer into Mt. Vernon Schools must complete an online application during either of the designated windows listed below. Also, all students who are currently attending a Mt. Vernon school (excluding Mini-Marauder Preschool) and do not live within the school district boundaries are also required to submit an application during either of these selected windows to attend during the 2021-2022 school year. If you live in any MVCSC enrollment area, you do NOT need to complete this application. As Superintendent Dr. Parker has previously shared, once you are a Mt. Vernon student/family, those students who submit an application will remain part of the Mt. Vernon family, unless there are major discipline or attendance issues.
Applications will be accepted during the following windows:
The 2021-2022 Out-of-District/Transfer Application will be live here during:
Window 1 - Friday, April 16 at 5 p.m. through Monday, April 26 at 8 a.m.
Window 2 - Friday, May 7 at 5 p.m. through Monday, May 17 at 8 a.m.
Please complete a separate form for each student requesting to attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation that currently lives outside the school district or that anticipates moving out of the district before the 2021-2022 school year begins. By completing this form you are entering the student below into the out-of-district/transfer pool and requesting to attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation during the 2021-2022 school year. This does not guarantee enrollment, but priority will be given to current out-of-district transfer students, their siblings/step siblings, and employees' children. All applicants will receive notice by June 18, 2021.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL OUT-OF-DISTRICT/TRANSFER APPLICATIONS:
- All applications must be submitted online during either of the two application weeks and before the final deadline of Monday, May 17 at 8 a.m.
- Applications are only for one school year, must be filled out for each child, and must be re-submitted each year.
- Applying the first week instead of the second week does not increase your child’s chances of being approved. Offering two weeks allows the district to assess early numbers and possibly hire necessary teachers earlier in the hiring season.
- All applications will be date/time stamped upon submission, processed in the order in which they are received, and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- It is possible that NOT all applications for new Mt. Vernon families will be approved for specific buildings due to several considerations, including building capacity and class size.
- Employees' children and current out-of-district/transfer students (and their siblings/step-siblings) will have priority when reviewing applications.
- If you live in one elementary school region and wish to attend a different elementary school, you do not need to fill out the application but rather request this with both elementary school principals via email.
- The Mini-Marauder Preschool does accept out-of-district/transfer students and you do not need to fill out an application until the spring before the child attends kindergarten.
- Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation is accepting out-of-district/transfer students for the upcoming school year as adopted by Corporation Policy C125.
- New out-of-district students who wish to attend school virtually will only be permitted to do so if there is availability on rosters. We will not be able to share availability for the students meeting this unique profile until mid-June.
For Language Translation: Use Chrome as your internet browser. When you open the link, right-click anywhere on the application, click "Translate to English", then "Options", and "Change Languages", then "Translation Languages" and select your language.
If you have questions, please email or call Gwen Scrogham at firstname.lastname@example.org / 317-485-3100.