Students Want to be at Mt. Vernon...
Students/Families Living In the District:
Living within the district boundaries enables students to automatically attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) schools.
Parents/guardians (listed as Family 1 in Skyward) of returning MVCSC students need to register ALL returning students through their Skyward Family Access Account beginning Monday, July 12 at 9 a.m. It is important that registration be completed PRIOR to the first day of school. (This includes incoming kindergarten students who attended the Mini-Marauder Preschool in 2020-2021.)
Students eligible for kindergarten registration must have attained the age of five (5) on or before August 1st. There is an appeal process for students who will turn five (5) from August 2nd - August 31st.
Mt. Vernon 2021-2022 Registration
Make sure to REGISTER YOUR STUDENT(s) for the 2021-2022 School Year.
Click on one of the Choices Below to Begin the Registration Process.
Note: If you are an Out-of-District/Transfer student, you must have received an approval email in June to register your student(s) below. If they are a new MV student, be sure to bring the items listed below into the school.
Parents of new students should register online through the link above and bring the following items to the school after completing the online registration:
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of immunization records
- Any pertinent health-related documents (e.g. emergency action plans or diabetes medical management plans)
- Proof of residency with name and address (utility bill, mortgage statement, HUD statement, or lease agreement)
- Driver's license or identification card
- Copy of court papers if there is any custody arrangement
- Individual education plan (IEP) if applicable
The application window for the 2021-2022 school year has already passed, and those accepted received email confirmations in June. If you have questions, please contact Gwen Scrogham at 317-485-3100 or email@example.com. You may apply during the spring of 2022 to attend during the 2022-2023 school year if you wish.
Students who wish to transfer into Mt. Vernon Schools from another school district must complete an online application during the designated windows in the spring. All students who attended a Mt. Vernon school last school year and are not residing within the school district boundaries must have applied and received approval in June to attend MV during the 2021-2022 school year. Each year, announcements will be posted stating the application window dates during the spring.
Those who received an approval letter in June need to register their child through the appropriate link above. If they are a new MV student, they need to bring the bulleted items listed above into the school.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL OUT-OF-DISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATIONS:
- All applications must be submitted online before the application deadlines in the spring.
- Applications are only for one school year, must be filled out for each child, and must be re-submitted each year.
- All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- It is possible that NOT all applications will be approved due to several considerations, including building capacity and class size.
- All applications will be date/time stamped upon submission and will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Employees' children and current transfer students (and their siblings) will have priority when reviewing applications.
- By submitting an application, parents agree to provide their own transportation to and from school for the duration of the school year.
Mt. Vernon Enrollment Numbers