Students Want to be at Mt. Vernon...
Students/Families Living In the District:
Living in the district boundaries enables students to automatically attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) schools. Students eligible for kindergarten registration must have attained the age of five (5) on or before August 1st. There is an appeal process for students who will turn five (5) August 2nd - August 31st. Parents of new in-district students should register online through the link below. Bring the following items to the school when registering:
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of immunization records
- Any pertinent health-related documents (e.g. emergency action plans or diabetes medical management plans)
- Proof of residency with name and address (utility bill, mortgage statement, HUD statement, or lease agreement)
- Driver's license or identification card
- Copy of court papers if there is any custody arrangement
- Individual education plan (IEP) if applicable
The application window for the 2020-2021 school year has already passed. You may apply during the spring of 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year if you wish.
Students who wish to transfer into Mt. Vernon Schools from another school district must complete an online application during the designated windows. This will include all students who currently attending a Mt. Vernon school and are not residing within the school / district boundaries. All out-of-district transfer students attending a Mt. Vernon school must fill out an application each school year. Each year announcements will be posted declaring the application window dates.
GUIDELINES FOR ALL OUT-OF-DISTRICT TRANSFER APPLICATIONS:
- All applications must be submitted online before the deadline.
- Applications are only for one school year, must be filled out for each child, and must be re-submitted each year.
- All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- It is possible that NOT all applications will be approved due to several considerations, including building capacity and class size.
- All applications will be date/time stamped upon submission and will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Employees' children and current transfer students (and their siblings) will have priority when reviewing applications.
- By submitting an application, parents agree to provide their own transportation to and from school for the duration of the school year.