It's time for Kindergarten registration! Visit any of the three elementary schools on the specific days listed below. It is imperative to have all Kindergarten students register so the schools may prepare enough teachers to keep the class size low. Registration can be done at ANY of the three sites for any of the three schools; just list what school you will be attending at registration. MVCSC will have FULL day kindergarten only.
On or before August 1st, 2019 students must be 5 years old to attend kindergarten.
Click HERE to view/print the informational flyer.
Monday, April 8th, noon - 7 p.m. - McCordsville Elementary School
Tuesday, April 9th, noon - 7 p.m. - Fortville Elementary School
Thursday, April 11th, noon - 7 p.m. - Mt. Comfort Elementary School
What to Bring:
- Student (they will be screened for vision, hearing, and academic skills)
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Records (list of requirements linked here and on page 2 of the flyer)
- Proof of Residency (Utility Bill, Mortgage Statement, HUD Statement, Lease Agreement)
- Parent/Guardian Driver's License or State Issued Identification Card
- Copy of Court Papers (if there is any pertinent custody information)
- Individual Education Plan (IEP) (if applicable)
How to Enroll a Kindergarten Student for the 2019-2020 School Year:
- Attend one of the Kindergarten Registration dates with your child & bring the required documents.
- To make the process quicker, the online portion of kindergarten registration will be open after April 5. Attendance is still necessary at the registration events.
- New in-district Mt. Vernon families can register their kindergarten student for next year after April 5th by visiting the New Student Online Enrollment at https://bit.ly/2Uj7VcD.
- Current Mt. Vernon families wishing to register a new kindergarten student should log into their Skyward Family Access and click on the "New Student Online Enrollment" tab after April 5th.
Any questions can be addressed to:
Stephanie Miller, Principal