Gleaners Food Bank at Mt. Vernon High School!
Mt. Vernon High School was originally one of five schools selected as a pilot program for Gleaners Food Bank to provide food services in the MVCSC community. The Pantry is a place where students/families in need can discreetly "shop" for free and pick up non-perishable food, personal hygiene, and household items. If you need to shop, please speak with your school counselor. Eligible families must live in the Mt. Vernon district school. No Voucher necessary
Mt. Vernon High School, Door #12
4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
The MVCSC/Gleaners Food Pantry will now be open in June & July 2020.
Please help us keep the Pantry open All Year Long! If you would like to donate any food or other items to our food pantry, please drop off all items in the high school Main Office. Donations will be accepted only during school hours at the High School Main Office.
Click here for donation list.
Questions? Please contact Mr. Larkins at 317-485-3131 ext. 1750 or email@example.com
Thank you for your support!
Dates for the 2019-2020 school year:
August 8, 2019
September 5, 2019
October 3, 2019 PANTRY CLOSED IN OCTOBER
November 7, 2019
December 5, 2019
January 9, 2020
February 6, 2020
March 5, 2020
April 2, 2020 PANTRY CLOSED IN APRIL
May 7, 2020
June 4, 2020
July 9, 2020
Please check out the other local food pantry options to help you out in the coming weeks as well:
- Fortville Christian Church: Tuesdays 1-3pm 9450 N 200 West Fortville 317-485-4934
- Fortville United Methodist Church: Tuesdays 1-3pm - 125 E State St Fortville, IN 317-485-5418
- Main Street Food Pantry: Tuesdays 1-3pm - 115 N. Main Street 317-485-5418
- Hancock County Food Pantry: Mondays 1:00-2:30, Tuesdays 9:00-10:30, Wednesdays 7:15-8:15pm, Thursdays, 7:15-8:15pm - 741 S. State Street Greenfield, IN 317-468-0273
- South Madison Food Pantry: Saturdays 10am-noon - 301 N Alfonte Street Pendleton, IN 765-606-7780
- Hamilton Hills Baptist Church: Saturdays 10am-2pm - 10293 E. 126th St 317-577-0746
- Gleaners Mobile Food Pantry Schedule: 2nd Monday of the month 3-5pm at Hancock County Fairgrounds
- Gleaners Senior Mobile (age 55+): 1st Tuesday of the month 1-3pm, Hancock County Fairgrounds
- Gleaners Fortville Mobile Food Pantry: 4th Saturday of the month 10am-12pm (excluding May 30) , 600 Vitale Drive (starting in April)
- Angel Connection: 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 9-10am – McCordsville United Methodist Church, 6247 W. Broadway McCordsville, IN 317-335-3705
- Community Outreach Ministry, Cumberland, 317-894-2645
For additional information on the Gleaners School Based Mobile Pantries, click here.
School Based Pantry Partners:
Gleaners Food Bank
Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation
Rotary Club of Indianapolis