Students Want to be at Mt. Vernon...
Parents/guardians of current MV students living in the district:
Living within the district boundaries enables students to automatically attend Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (MVCSC) schools.
No registration action is necessary until mid-July for in-district students attending MV in 2021-2022. Parents/guardians (listed as Family 1 in Skyward) will need to register ALL returning students through their Skyward Family Access Account after Skyward is rolled over for the 2022-2023 school year in mid-July. (Be on the lookout for messages in July to register your student.) It is important that registration be completed in July PRIOR to the first day of school.
Parents/guardians of NEW MV students not currently attending MV:
Mt. Vernon 2022-2023 Registration for NEW Students
Make sure to REGISTER YOUR NEW MV STUDENT(s) for the 2022-2023 School Year
Click on one of the Choices Below to Begin the Registration Process.
Note: If you are a new Out-of-District/Transfer student, you must have received an approval email in June before you register your student(s) below, (excluding incoming kindergarten students). See details below.
Parents/guardians of new in-district students should bring the following items to the school after completing the online registration. Parents/guardians of new out-of-district/transfer students should bring this information in after filling out the application during one of the two windows in April & May, and after they receive an enrollment approval notice in June.
- Copy of student's birth certificate
- Copy of immunization records
- Any pertinent health-related documents (e.g. emergency action plans or diabetes medical management plans)
- Proof of residency with name and address (utility bill, mortgage statement, HUD statement, or lease agreement)
- Driver's license or identification card
- Copy of court papers if there is any custody arrangement
- Individual education plan (IEP) if applicable
Students who wish to transfer into Mt. Vernon Schools from another school district, as well as all current 2021-2022 out-of-district/transfer students, must complete an online application during the designated Out-of-District/Transfer application windows. The application windows for out-of-district/transfer students to attend the 2022-2023 school year are April 15-25 and May 6-16. See the news article linked here for application details. After applying, those out-of-district/transfer students will receive email confirmations in June that they are accepted to attend MV in the 2022-2023 school year. After you receive the acceptance notification in June, you may then go ahead and register your student through the online links above. If you have questions, please contact Gwen Scrogham at 317-485-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that McCordsville Elementary, Fortville Elementary, Mt. Vernon Middle School and the Mini-Marauder Preschool are closed for new Mt. Vernon families. (A new family is defined as a family with no children/step-children attending Mt. Vernon in 2021-2022.)
GUIDELINES FOR ALL OUT-OF-DISTRICT/TRANSFER APPLICATIONS:
- All applications must be submitted online before the application deadlines in the spring.
- Applications are only for one school year, must be filled out for each child, and must be re-submitted each year.
- All applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- It is possible that NOT all applications will be approved due to several considerations, including building capacity and class size.
- All applications will be date/time stamped upon submission and will be processed in the order in which they are received.
- Employees' children and current transfer students (and their siblings) will have priority when reviewing applications.
- By submitting an application, parents agree to provide their own transportation to and from school for the duration of the school year.
- Please note that for the 2022-2023 school year, McCordsville Elementary, Fortville Elementary, Mt. Vernon Middle School and the Mini-Marauder Preschool are closed for new out-of-district/transfer Mt. Vernon families. (A new family is defined as a family with no children/step-children attending Mt. Vernon in 2021-2022.)
Mt. Vernon Enrollment Numbers