Interested students in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in one 3-hour school-sponsored community service project (morning or afternoon) on our eLearning Day on Wednesday, September 20th. This is purely voluntary, and students are still expected to complete all eLearning assignments for that day.
Other important details:
- Students must have their own transportation to/from Mt. Vernon High School.
- All students must ride the bus to/from Mt. Vernon High School to their off-campus community project.
- All students will receive a sack lunch from the Mt. Vernon High School cafeteria beginning at 11:30 a.m.
- Morning community service time – arrive outside MVHS cafeteria by 8:15 a.m. to sign in. Work time is from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m. Buses will leave at 8:15 a.m.
- Afternoon community service time – arrive outside MVHS cafeteria at 11:30 a.m. to sign in and get your sack lunch. Work time is 12:30 – 3:30 p.m.Buses will leave at 12:15 p.m.
- Students must wear closed toe shoes, an old MV t-shirt (if possible), and old clothes that can get dirty. MVCSC is not responsible for damages.
See the attached handout for more details. Students must return the attached handout signed by a parent to sign up. Forms are also available in the Counseling Center.
The deadline for students to sign up is Tuesday, September 12!