The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation has revised the transfer/open enrollment policy to allow additional transfer students for the 2015-2016 school year in all five schools. The revised transfer/open enrollment policy states that Mt. Vernon Schools will accept students until building capacity is reached.
The maximum student grade level capacity is listed at 420 for elementary and 450 for sixth through 12th grades; however, grade configurations can be modified as long as the enrollment does not exceed building capacity.
Mt. Comfort Elementary, which houses pre-school, has the capacity of 925 students. McCordsville Elementary has the capacity of 905 students and Fortville elementary lists the capacity of700 students.
The Eighth Grade Academy accommodates up to 450 students, with Mt. Vernon Middle School listing the building capacity at 900 students. Mt. Vernon High School (which also currently houses the Eighth Grade Academy) can accommodate up to 1,800 students.
To enroll students, parents/guardians should register the student at the school they will be attending. The information that needs to be brought in includes:
• the transfer student application and enrollment application (enrollment page linked here)
• copy of the student’s birth certificate
• copy of the immunization records (details linked here)
• copy of the student’s official transcript, or if coming from an elementary or middle school, a copy of the two most recent report cards
• driver’s license or identification card
• Individual Education Plan (IEP) if applicable
• copy of custody court papers if applicable
The enrollment application and transfer application can be found at www.mvcsc.k12.in.us on the “Enrollment Forms” page, located under “Choose MV,” or at www.mvcsc.k12.in.us/content/enrollment. Transfer students previously enrolled will need to submit a transfer student application each year.
New students who live in-district should bring the same information above with the addition of proof of residency (bill with name and address on it.) Also, the transfer application is not necessary for new in-district students. All information can be found on www.mvcsc.k12.in.us/content/enrollment. School starts on Thursday, July 30, 2015.