1. Register online to take the SAT and/or the ACT test. To avoid late registration fees, be sure to sign up before the registration deadline for the test date you have selected. Talk to your counselor if you would like to have more information regarding the testing expectations and differences between the SAT and ACT. ACT and SAT test dates and fees can be found on their website where you also can register to take the test.For test dates see the link on the left titled 'SAT and ACT Dates and Info'
2. If you took the SAT and/or ACT prior to applying to colleges then the scores will be on the transcripts.
If not then you must indicate which colleges to send the scores to when you are taking your SAT or ACTs. The results will come to the high school also so they can be add to your transcripts.
Below is a Youtube link on instructions to create an account and then the step-by-step process to order and send transcripts to colleges. A few things to remember when sending transcripts through Parchment:
- These are free to send, but make sure you have the correct grad year or it will charge you (sending to the NCAA does have a fee, however).
- When you search for a college after making an account, you will need to select "undergraduate" if given the option of "graduate" or "undergraduate"
- If you have applied to colleges through Common App, you do not need to send transcripts through Parchment - your counselor will do this through Common App; make sure to put their email in when asked in creating your account on Common App.
If you have any other questions about sending transcripts through Parchment or Common App, please email or put in a request to see your counselor!
1. Complete an on-line application with a college through their web site. This is the preferred method by colleges.
2. Next send them your transcripts: Go to
3. Register with Parchment.
- Request that your transcript be sent to that college.
- A Secondary School Report (SSR form) will be automatically generated through Parchment for Indiana Colleges and your counselor will complete it on-line.
- You will receive two e-mail confirmations from Parchment: one when your transcript has been sent and another when your counselor recommendation has been submitted.
- If the colleges you applied to require mid-year and/or final reports to be sent, it is your responsibility to bring the mid-year and/or final report forms to the counseling office.
4. Helpful video on ordering your transcript from parchment.com. How Students Order a Transcript
*** Only current students may request transcripts through Parchment. Former students must either contact the registrar or go to the Alumni tab and use the 'Request a transcript' form. ***
Out of State or colleges not on Parchment
If they are using the Common Application, go to the Common App Web Site and complete it there (Preferred) or print it off and bring it into the guidance office. The Common Application can be found here.