Screenagers: Next Chapter
Southern Hancock Schools will be presenting Screenagers: Next Chapter on Monday, February 3rd at 6:30pm in the NPHS Auditorium. A panel discussion will be held after the movie as well. The movie is perfect for any middle and high school parents of students and MS and HS students who are struggling with anxiety, depression and /or suicidal ideation.
Please click the link to reserve tickets. Tickets will not be required for attendance, but encouraged.
For more information about the film, please click here.
Note- If school is canceled for New Pal on February 3rd, the movie will be presented on Tuesday, February 4th at 6:30 pm.
AMDA Audition Plus
AMDA is Offering an Audition Opportunity!
They are coming to Indianapolis and can't wait to meet talented students!
The AMDA Experience is bringing an exciting workshop and audition opportunity to Indianapolis on February 8th at the Omni Severin Hotel.
2020 Profile in Courage Essay Contest
High School Students are invited to participate in an essay contest with the topic of- Describe and analyze an act of political courage by a US elected official who served during or after 1917, the year of JFK's birth.
First-place prize: $10,000
Deadline for submission is January 17, 2020.
SAT Prep Class
Who: Juniors & Seniors
What: Instruction and practice to prepare for the SAT test
When: September 10-October 3, Tuesdays 7 Thursdays, 3:30-5:00pm
*Instruction will be divided between English and Math over 8 sessions
*Sessions may also be offered n January and April
Where: Mt. Vernon High School
- In-class instruction by English and Math teacher
- Princeton Review SAT prep workbook to use and keep
- Access to additional online practice and prep materials
- Strategies to prepare for all components of the SAT
Click here for the form to sign up
Plumbers, Steamfitters, & HVACR Service Technicians Joint Apprenticeship and Training:
The Plumbers, Steamfitters & HVAC Service Technicians Local 440 J.A.T.C. is now accepting applications to their apprenticeship program on a year round bases. 2020-2021 application packets are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM on normal business days at the location listed below.
Local 440 J.A.T.C. Office
3747 S. High School Road
Indianapolis, IN 46241
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications.
- All applicants shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age except as noted below.
- Applicants can be seventeen (17) years of age at the time of application provided they are high school seniors on schedule to graduate. Such an applicant must provide proof that a graduation certificate or GED has been awarded and must be eighteen (18) years of age prior to being indentured by the J.A.T.C.
- Applicants shall be high school graduates, seniors on schedule to graduate or have attained a GED certificate.
- Work Keys Assessment Tests will be administered by the Indiana Department of Workforce Development. Applicants must meet set minimum levels in all tests given by February 1, 2020 to be eligible for the 2020-2021 program year.
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license.
- All applicants may be subject to criminal background check.
Qualified applicants will be required to furnish a copy of their driver's license, high school diploma or GED certificate, and an official transcript of their high school grades upon return of the application. Accepted applicants must adhere to the ISPTA/MCAI Substance Abuse Policy. This is an equal opportunity program.
Mrs. Crow (Finn) (Students A-D)
Mr. Larkins (Students E-J)
Miss Johnson (Students K-O)
Mrs. Grimm (P-S)
Mr. Beaver, Director (Students T-Z)
Mrs. Fleming- Registrar
Mrs. Roach- Secretary