National Honor Society Pledge:
I pledge myself to uphold
The high purposes of the National Honor Society
To which I have been selected
I will be true to the principals for which it stands
I will be loyal to my school;
And will maintain and encourage
High standards of scholarship, service, leadership, and character
At Mt. Vernon High School and in my community.
The four main purposes of NHS are: to create enthusiasm for scholarship; to stimulate a desire to render service; to promote leadership; and to develop character in the students of secondary schools. Giving back with community service teaches the students that they can make a difference by helping others.
- Check your email and Canvas daily for volunteer opportunities.
- All service forms are to be completed and turned in to Mr. Goff or Mrs. Gray within 48 hours of completing the service project.
- We welcome any service opportunity ideas. Please contact Mr. Justin Goff or Mrs. Kristin Gray.
Announcements & Events
- Meetings: Meetings are the first Tuesday of every month. You may attend at 8:00 a.m. or during SRT. Attendance is mandatory. Some meetings may be held virtually.
- Officer Meetings: Officer meetings will be held weekly in Mr. Goff or Mrs. Gray's room. Some meetings may be held virtually.
News & Accomplishments
September 2019- National Honor Society inducted 41 new members.
January 2016- Teachers across the school district donated money to wear "Jeans for Riley." NHS was able to raise an additional $560 for Riley Children's Hospital.
January 2016- National Honor Society was able to raise $1092.07 during "Ragu for Riley" at Friday's homecoming game. This brings our grand total for money raised this year for Riley to $1592.07.