Mt. Vernon High School Media Center
Hours 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Media Center Rules:
- Be respectful
- Ask for help
- Remember to bring books back
- Treat books kindly
- No food/drink (water is acceptable)
- No cell phones
- Students are allowed a maximum of three books checked out at one time. Books are due three weeks after initial checkout. Renewal could be denied if there is a hold pending on a material.
Student Access Times:
- Before school and after school
- SRT – With a pass only; email Ms. Sarah Archer and your SRT teacher prior to the start of 3rd block to request permission for an SRT
- Study Hall – With a pass only; get a pass from Ms Sarah Archer prior to the start of study hall
- Visits with classes
- Passing Periods – But don’t be late!
- Lunch – You may spend your lunch time in the Media Center if you are reading/working and not eating. You must arrive during the passing period and stay the entire lunch time.
- Students are notified during library time and/or through email when a book becomes overdue.
- Students who consistently do not return books on time/who lose books, will have restricted library checkout privileges.
- Students must not loan their library materials to other students.
- Extended overdue material will be considered lost and students will be charged a replacement fee. Note: Parent contact will be made for extended overdue material.
- Refunds are no longer allowed by the Indiana State Board of Accounts. A book replacement fee cannot be returned once the fee has been deposited to the school account. The family may keep the book or donate it to the library.
- Damaged materials must be returned to the Media Center. All attempts will be made to repair the item with repair costs charged to the student. If the material is not salvageable, the student will be charged a replacement fee.
- Students who consistently damage books will have restricted library checkout privileges.
For Questions Please Contact:
Mrs. Alyson Zelencik, 317-485-3131, ext. 1757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.