The Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation is encouraging all kindergarten parents/guardians to sign their child up for the Hancock County Promise and receive free money from community partners towards your child's education post high school. Through the Hancock County Promise, all kindergarteners in Hancock County can receive a free CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings accounts, thanks to community partners: Hancock Health, Greenfield Banking Company, NineStar Connect, the EMS Group, Tyner Pond and Meijer in McCordsville.
Kindergarten Parents: After you have enrolled your child in the Hancock County Promise (HancockCountyPromise.org), be sure to look for the email to sign up for the CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings account. If you already have a CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings Account for your child, enroll in the Hancock County Promise and you can link the two accounts.
HERE'S WHY YOU SHOULD SIGN UP! Print these steps in a flyer linked HERE.
HANCOCK COUNTY PROMISE STEPS:
1) Enroll your kindergartener at HancockCountyPromise.org, and follow the steps in the emailed link to sign up for your CollegeChoice 529 Direct Savings account.
2) Each kindergartener will receive $25 in their account from the community partners listed above!
3) All Hancock County kindergarteners will visit IUPUI on September 29 and dream of their future!
4) Kindergarteners will receive a piggy bank from our friends at Hancock County Community Foundation!
5) Kindergarten champions donate $25+ to your child's account!
6) Receive another $25 match in their account from community partners!
Building hope for
bright educational futures
after high school!
To date, over 10,000 youth around the state have started a CollegeChoice 529 direct savings account through the Promise program. To learn more or get involved with the Hancock County Promise, contact Scott Shipley at the Mt. Vernon Community School Corporation (317) 485-3100 or email@example.com or visit www.PromiseIndiana.org.