Feel the Pride!
Each Mt. Vernon school has amazing attributes and accomplishments that bring pride to the students, staff and community.
Here's just a few:
- Serving ages 3-5
- Special services are available to meet needs of students with disabilities
- Open 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Half day and full day options available
- Morning preschool: 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Afternoon Preschool: 7:45 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Extended Preschool: 7:00 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- School Day Instruction: 7:45 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- New playground with swings, jungle gym, merry-go-round, and sand table
- iPads are used within the classroom
- Doors are always locked or entrance monitored by receptionist or staff
- Plans for a future nature trail
- Curriculum is aligned with developmentally appropriate best practices for young learners
- Classroom centers include: art, science, library and dramatic play
- Holiday or special theme activities for family involvement
- Parent volunteers welcome
- Young learners have access to bikes and balls in gym
- Interaction with cadet teachers from Mt. Vernon High School
- Cafeteria with breakfast and lunch available through Mt. Vernon food service