It is the purpose of the Corporation Improvement Council to provide the school constituency the opportunity to have input into the corporation decision making process, toward the achievement of district-wide goals. Specifically, the CIC exists to:
- Enhance and facilitate communication between school personnel and school patrons.
- Serve as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Help the superintendent and school board anticipate and/or identify community concerns and potential solutions to those issues.
- Assist with planning issues surrounding the implementation of change.
- Enhance coordination among the School Improvement Councils.
The CIC is and advisory group to the superintendent and not a decision making body for the district.
2014-2015 CIC Membership:
Forrest Gaston Dr. Shane Robbins
McCordsville Elementary School
Jesse Miller Amy Bell
Fortville Elementary School
Amy Schank Sandra Ratliff
Mt. Comfort Elementary School
Rachel Ralstin Cindy Cobb
Mt. Vernon Middle School
Jennifer Hermann Amy Shipley
Mt. Vernon High School
Tracy Shepard Cyndi Roach
Sherri Blackburn (Appointed from Jason Shelton)
Rebekah Ferguson (Appointed formerly from Shelton Oaks)
Forrest Gaston (Appointed from Tony May)
Deidre Woods (Appointed from Kellie Freeman)
Carry Finke (Appointed by Mike McCarty)