It is the purpose of the Corporation Improvement Council to provide the school constituency the opportunity to have input into the corporation decision making process, toward the achievement of district-wide goals. Specifically, the CIC exists to:
- Enhance and facilitate communication between school personnel and school patrons.
- Serve as a sounding board for new ideas.
- Help the superintendent and school board anticipate and/or identify community concerns and potential solutions to those issues.
- Assist with planning issues surrounding the implementation of change.
- Enhance coordination among the School Improvement Councils.
The CIC is and advisory group to the superintendent and not a decision making body for the district.