The National Art Honor Society (NAHS) Charge:
“Take of the world its colors and forms, its lines and textures, its balances and movements and spaces; combine all these into a beautiful statement of what it is to be human. Give back to the world the same element of beauty that you as an artist take from it. Create beauty in the world with your talents and your living.”
The purpose of the chapter shall be to:
A. Inspire and recognize those students who have shown outstanding ability in art;
B. Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art;
C. Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment;
D. Aid members in working toward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area;
E. Bring art to the attention of the school and community;
F. Increase an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum; and
G. Further aesthetic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program.
We are in the process of working on the Spanish/French/Sign Clubs’ mural panels. Please come Tuesday mornings at 8:00 or during SRT to help out.
- Please do not forget: Our next chapter meeting will be Dec.1st at 8:00 am! You are expected to be there on time. If you will not be there, you must talk to Mrs. Hurst to get her approval. Failure to do so may result in probationary membership.
- Dues (of $15) will also be collected at the Dec. 1st meeting.
- Ongoing work times are: Tuesday mornings at 8 am, or during SRT.
News and Accomplishments:
- The 1st Annual Pumpkin Carve-Off, on Oct. 24th, was a fun time for children to come carve and decorate pumpkins and enjoy some fall-themed crafts and activities.
- On Thursday, Sept. 17th, the MVHS National Art Honor Society competed in the 2nd annual high school portion of the "Rock the Chalk" Chalk Fest in downtown Greenfield. They beat out Greenfield Central and Eastern Hancock and won for the second year in a row! Their mural looked fantastic.