Mt. Vernon High School Media Center
Hours 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
Media Center Rules:
• Be respectful
• Work and have fun
• Help each other
• Ask for help
• Remember to bring books back
• Treat books kindly
• Only have food/drink in the designated area
• No cell phones
Circulation Policies: Student
Book Loan Period: 15 days
Check Out Limit: 3
Renewable: As long as it isn't on hold for another patron.
Student Access Times:
• Before school and after school
• SRT – with a pass only; get pass ahead of time from Media Assistant
• Study Hall – with a pass only; get a pass from a classroom teacher or study hall supervisor
• Visits with classes
• Passing Periods – but don’t be late!
• Students are notified during library time or through email when a material(s) becomes overdue.
• Students who consistently do not return books on time will have restricted library checkout privileges.
• Students must not loan their library materials to other students.
• Replacement fees are charged for lost materials. An additional fee is added on for shipping and processing. If it becomes impossible to locate an exact title replacement copy through library vendors, a similar title will be substituted.
• Refunds are no longer allowed by the Indiana State Board of Accounts. A book replacement fee cannot be returned once the fee has been deposited to the school account. The family may keep the book or donate it to the library.
• Students who consistently lose books will have restricted library checkout privileges.
• Damaged materials must be returned to the media center. All attempts will be made to repair the item with repair costs charged to the student. If the material is not salvageable, the student will be charged a replacement fee. If it becomes impossible to locate an exact title replacement copy through library vendors, a similar title will be substituted. A shipping and processing fee will be added.
• Students who consistently damage books will have restricted library checkout privileges.
For Questions Please Contact:
Mrs. Alyson Zelencik, 317-485-3131, ext. 1757 or firstname.lastname@example.org.